Follow the Steps given below to Automatically Download Movie Subtitles in VLC media player
How to Automatically Download Movie Subtitles in VLC media player
- You can download the VLSub extension from following link for free. Download VLSub extension for VLC Media player
- Extract the downloaded zip file of VLSub extension.
- Now create a folder with name extensions in following directory C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\
- After creating the folder, copy the extracted vlsub.lua file to the folder extensions which was created in previous step. (vlsub.lua file should be copied to C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\extensions)
- Now play any video in VLC media player and then open VLSub from View->VLSub.
- When you click on VLSub a Dialog box opens like the one shown below from which you can search for subtitles using two options Search by Hash and Search by Name. The option search by hash is recommended because using this you can get more precise results. Whereas by searching using second option search by name you get many subtitles from which you have to select one and download it.
- VLSub will automatically recognize the movie name. You can even change it in the title box. Now click on Search by hash or Search by name and select the subtitle which looks precise, then click on download selection.
- Now you can see subtitles while playing a movie in VLC media player.
- If subtitles are not syncing properly go to Tools -> Track Synchronization and vary the values of subtitles to sync it with the Video and click on refresh.